Restaurant Review: Lunch Market Lottery - NOT ILSC

Latest

NOT ILSC

The English-through-Journalism BIG BAD BLOG

The viewpoints expressed in the following students' articles are not necessarily shared by ILSC Toronto or ILSC Education Group

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Restaurant Review: Lunch Market Lottery

By Marcelo Koizumi

Located at 177 Dundas Street West, just 2 blocks away from ILSC, the Asian restaurant Lunch Market, has a good cheap menu.

This small place is decorated to look like a village and sometimes it's so crowded that you can't find a table, especially if you are not alone.

You can choose meat (pork, chicken, beef, fish, ribs) with a small portion of salad, rice and one sauce for between $5.95 and $8.95 plus taxes, and the beverages are around $2.
(Personally, I recommend the sweet & sour chicken —Ed.)

Usually, I eat in this restaurant once or twice a week with some friends, although my last experience there was not so good.

I was the second person of my group to make the order (I ordered a chicken katsu) but only got my food when most of the rest of the table were finishing their meal, and before that, they tried to serve me a fish katsu plate!

It was not the first time that they got confused with a not-so-large group of people. Usually the service is fast and friendly, and the food tastes pretty good.

You can order your food in English but the employees talk to each other in their own language and maybe they have some kind of communication problem with the chef and the cashier, where you make the orders.

Because of that episode, I got a free drink for my next time there and I got lots of apologies.

They only accept cash, but they do have an ATM on the premises.

So, if you want decent food at a reasonable price, you should try this place, but make sure they get your order right!

Marcelo is a journalism graduate from São Paulo.

1 comment: