By Shu-yu HsiehLast Saturday afternoon, I visited my friend's house near Christie subway station. We walked around Korea Town and were getting hungry, so we decided to have dinner there as there are many Korean restaurants. It was chilly and raining a little bit, so both of us needed a warm meal.
When we passed Joons west of Bloor & Bathurst, we saw there were a lot of people having dinner with a variety of dishes. It looked so warm inside, so we made a snap decision to go in.
The server kindly recommended a real speciality, called the Dak Gal Bee (Chicken and Cabbage with a hot sauce in a pan). You can add mozzarella cheese so that it that looked like a pizza. We added seafood, rice cakes and noodles (no mozzarella - I don't like pizza very much).
The Kamja Tan (Pork bone soup) has about 3 or 4 pork bones and bean sprouts with extremely hot soup. It looked so delicious.
The Bibimbob has beef, vegetables, egg and rice with hot sauce in a hot stone bowl. It looked pretty colourful and tasty. I didn’t have enough room for dumplings, but maybe I'll order those next time.
The rice cakes were so soft, with chicken and seafood mixed with hot sauce and the taste was so unforgettable.
There wasn’t much conversation, we were too busy eating! There were 3 sidedishes: a potato ball, seaweed (or sometimes bean sprouts) and kimchi.
Finally, the pan was empty. We didn't waste any food or sauce because it tasted so scrumptious.
Business hours are Monday to Saturday, noon to 11:00pm, but they are closed on Sunday. I like this restaurant because the price is very reasonable (about $10 or less, cash only) and there are usually three servers that are so kind and helpful.
Shu-yu is an Information Technology employee from Taiwan.
No comments:
Post a Comment